Beef Capital of the World
Memorial Golf Scramble
John Pitman Golf Club – Hereford, TX
Held the Friday of the Spicer Gripp Memorial Roping
4 Person Scramble - Teams Selected by Blind Draw
Entered teams not eligible for prizes
10:30 A.M. Team Evaluations --- 11:00 A.M. Shotgun Start
$80.00 Entry Fee – Field Limited to First 80 Paid Entries
Team & Hole Prizes
No one under 18 will be allowed to play
Sign Up starts July 1 - For more information call John Pitman Golf Course (806) 363.7139
Beef Capital of the World Spicer Gripp
Cook-Off Schedule & Information
9:00 AM Mandatory Cooks Meeting & Introduction of Cook Teams
2:00 PM Turn in Ribeye Steak
3:00 PM Turn in Pork Spare Ribs
4:00 PM Turn in Brisket
4:00 – 6:00 PM Feed the Public
6:00 PM Turn in Cans & Awards Ceremony
There will be a 10-minute window to turn in your food under the tent to be judged. 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after - If turn time is 4:00 you can turn in from 3:55 to 4:05
- There will be a panel of judges for each category and they will judge on appearance, taste, and texture/tenderness.
- Meat will be inspected upon arrival – NO Pre-Marinating!
- Ribeye Steak – Cook teams must provide - Turn in a whole steak cooked to Medium Rare.
- Pork Spare Ribs – Cook teams must provide. Turn in 5 individual ribs. Only spare ribs will be accepted. No garnish or sauce in tray.
- Brisket – Will be provided up to first 35 paid entries. Turn in 5 slices. Sliced to approximately 1/4 inch thick (approximately the same as a standard pencil). No garnish or sauce in tray.
- People’s Choice – Each team will be provided a bucket and the public will be asked to judge their favorite team by placing money in the bucket. Whichever team has the most money turned in will win the award. So please participate and encourage all to come by and taste your food. Feel free to serve other food items to the public.
1st Place (each category) $250 + Trophy
2nd Place $100
3rd Place $50 People’s Choice Trophy
Grand Champion $500 + Buckle
Ribeye Steak, Ribs, & Brisket will be totaled for
Grand Champion. In the event of a tie, the Brisket will be used as the tiebreaker
Entry fee is $100.00/team
Deadline July 30th
BRING YOUR OWN SHADE or AC!!
Contact – Wade Johnson 679-7308 or email@example.com